Trenchless techonologies in construction
Trenchless technologies, also known internationally as no-dig technologies, are among the technologies for underground construction works not involving the ground surface penetration.
With trenchless technologies, more than 90% of works are carried out as underground works, preventing:
- the need to restore pavements;
- disturbances in normal city life;
- road blocking;
- disturbances of utilities.
In urban areas, trenchless technologies are more effective in economic terms (2.5-3 times) than the conventional trench technologies. Also, trenchless technologies used for construction of utility systems are environmentally safe.
Trenchless technologies mean:
- work effectiveness in terms of technology;
- preservation of existing pavements;
- preservation of planted vegetation;
- cleanliness and appropriateness for urban conditions;
- resources and money saving;
- convenience for population;
- preservation of existing pipelines and utilities.