Trenchless techonologies in construction
Trenchless technologies, also known internationally as No-Dig technologies, are among the technologies for underground construction works not involving the ground surface excavation.
With trenchless technologies, more than 90% of works are carried out as underground works, preventing:
- the need to restore pavements;
- disturbances in the usual rhythm of city life;
- road blocking;
- disruption of utilities and communications networks.
In urban areas, trenchless technologies are more cost competitive (2.5-3 times) than the conventional trench technologies. Also, trenchless technologies used for construction of utility networks are environmentally safe.
Trenchless technologies mean:
- work effectiveness and high performance;
- preservation of existing pavements;
- preservation of planted vegetation;
- cleanliness and suitability for urban conditions;
- resources and money saving;
- convenience for local population;
- preservation of existing pipelines and utilities.